Four Seasons of Fun: Discover Yosemite Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall – you’ll need to come back more than once to do it all! You can spend a few days or a lifetime exploring Yosemite’s wonders and enjoying a wealth of recreational activities. Each season sets the stage for exceptional moments of beauty and fun. Our staff will be pleased to assist you with planning your daily fun.
Day Tripping: While staying at The Redwoods In Yosemite, you will discover some of the world’s most spectacular mountain and valley scenery.
The wealth of scenic wonders and recreational opportunities are not limited to Yosemite’s boundaries. Easy day trips from your cabin at The Redwoods In Yosemite can take you to the Sierra Vista Scenic Byway, Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad, Bass Lake, the historic Gold Country town of Mariposa, Fresno Flats Historical Park in Oakhurst, and the Sierra Mono Indian Museum in North Fork. Check our Vacation Planner page for several great area trip planning sites. Yosemite National Park, at 748,542 acres, is roughly the size of the State of Rhode Island, with over 94% designated wilderness. When estimating driving times from Wawona to various park destinations, allow at least 1 hour for every 30 miles, as you will be traveling on scenic mountain roads with a 35 mph speed limit.
Just a Few of Your Other Choices to Discover Yosemite:
- Rent bicycles at Yosemite Valley or Half Dome Village and tour the Valley on more than 12 miles of surfaced bike paths.
- Visit the Yosemite Museum Gallery, Indian Cultural Exhibit and Village, and Ansel Adams Gallery, all located in Yosemite Village near the Visitor Center.
- Join a Park Service Ranger for a walk to explore Yosemite’s natural and cultural history. Check the Yosemite Guide for the current schedule.
- Venture out on one or more of the many Yosemite Valley Day Hikes described in the Yosemite Guide.
- Rent a raft at Half Dome Village and float along the Merced River soaking in the changing scenery of Yosemite Valley.
- In winter, ice skate in the shadow of Half Dome at the Half Dome Village outdoor ice rink.
Attend an evening performance of the Yosemite Theater, which offers a variety of theatrical and musical presentations. Check the Yosemite Guide for the current schedule.
- Enjoy an elegant dinner at The Majestic Yosemite Hotel Dining Room or The Mountain Room at Yosemite Valley Lodge. Note that for dinner, a suit coat and tie for men, and dresses or evening pantsuits for women are preferred at The Majestic Yosemite Hotels Dining Room.
- On any day trip, always take along a pack with water, snacks, camera, binoculars, insect repellent, and sunscreen. Most scheduled activities, such as ranger-led programs, are offered primarily during the summer months.