As the government gets ready to shut down, we have some very worried travelers calling us. Rest assured everyone that..
THE REDWOODS IN YOSEMITE WILL REMAIN
OPEN TO OUR GUESTS AND EMPLOYEES
How is that possible you ask? All of our vacation homes are on PRIVATE PROPERTY inside the park. However, the following information was received from our District Ranger and this is what you can expect if you are planning to visit Yosemite National Park and The Redwoods until funding is returned to government agencies:
- All highways passing through the Park will be open.
- Gate booths into the Park will not be staffed (no fees collected).
- A Ranger will be at each Gate to monitor visitors.
- All Delaware North Company (park concessionaire) services (hotels, restaurants, grocery stores, shuttle buses, restrooms) will be closed as they are park property.
- Although a visitor can drive through Yosemite Valley they will not be allowed on trails.
- The gates to both Mariposa Grove and Glacier Point will be closed.
All of The Redwoods In Yosemite’s services, such as the Bistro and restrooms will remain open because we are on private property. Our nearby grocery store, the Pine Tree Market, will remain open as well as the Wawona Library and school.