If you love Yosemite as much as we do, consider giving back with a donation to Yosemite Conservancy.
Yosemite Conservancy Supports Yosemite National Park
The Yosemite Conservancy is the official non-profit partner for Yosemite National Park. With your help, Yosemite Conservancy supports key programs, important park projects, and opportunities for people to connect with the park and with each other.
Yosemite Conservancy Projects
The Yosemite Conservancy funds a wide array of projects in Yosemite, ranging across important areas like trail maintenance, youth education, historic preservation, and wildlife management.
Here are just a few of the many recent projects that Yosemite Conservancy has helped to fund.
- Helping to save endangered species like bighorn sheep, pacific fishers, peregrine falcons, and many more.
- Maintaining and improving Yosemite trails
- Restoring ecological habitats like meadows
- Digitizing historic park documents like maps, plans, and drawings to make them more accessible to everyone
- Supporting scientific research into songbirds, hiking patterns
- Youth programs like Adventure Risk Challenge (ARC) – a program that helps teens from under-served communities build confidence and leadership skills in a natural environment.
Close to our home base in Wawona, Yosemite Conservancy donations contributed $20M to preserve and enhance the experience at the Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. (Some of these new additions were damaged in an intense Mono Wind storm that uprooted trees – including some ancient sequoias – and damaged buildings in early 2021.)
Yosemite Conservancy Programs
In addition to making Yosemite a better place, the Yosemite Conservancy is also dedicated to helping people connect and interact with the park in a variety of ways. For example:
- Outdoor Adventures programs include guided backpacking trips and day hikes with a Yosemite naturalist.
- Art classes give artists of all levels a different perspective on the park and a unique souvenir of their time in the park.
- Fill and evening with entertaining Yosemite stories at the Yosemite Theater.
- Have you checked conditions or stopped for a moment of inspiration using the Yosemite webcams? Time to thank the Yosemite Conservancy again.
How You Can Help Yosemite Too
Yosemite is here for you. It’s here with beautiful overlooks and the promise of adventure. It’s here for the many wild plants and animals that call this park home. It’s here across all seasons and in all weather conditions.
Help keep the park going with your generous support to the Yosemite Conservancy. Every little bit helps!
Become a Friend of Yosemite – Yosemite Conservancy Membership Benefits
With a donation of $25 or more, you also get benefits including many in-park and regional discounts. For example, The Redwoods In Yosemite often provides a special discount to Yosemite Conservancy donors in the Yosemite Conservancy Passport. In 2023, this includes an offer for 20% off a reservation at The Redwoods In Yosemite and 10% off purchases in the Redwoods In Yosemite gift store (limitations apply).
So you can actually support the park and save!
Shop the Yosemite Conservancy Stores
When you order directly from the Yosemite Conservancy, your purchases help fund important work in the park. You can shop online, or in person at the Yosemite Conservancy Gift Shop in the Yosemite Valley Visitor’s Center, or at the Museum Store.
Yosemite Conservancy volunteers restore trails and habitat, teach art classes and help other park visitors. You can volunteer for a few days or several weeks to become part of the Yosemite team and get to know the park even better.