Badger Pass Ski Resort- 45 minutes one-way drive from The Redwoods
In the winter, Glacier Point Road is plowed in six miles to the Badger Pass Ski Resort, California’s original ski area. This family ski resort offers nine downhill ski runs. Ninety miles of cross-country trails begin from Badger Pass. Tracks and skating lanes are groomed to Glacier Point, 21miles round trip, no trail fee. Weather permitting, Badger Pass is open daily from mid-December until early April. Check with our reservation specialists for mid-week lift ticket specials.
- Spend the day downhill or cross-country skiing, or even give snowboarding a try. If a full day is too much, half-day tickets are sold after 12:45 pm. Seniors (65+) ski free Monday – Friday.
- Yosemite Ski School offers morning and afternoon group and private downhill and cross-country lessons. Lesson packages include the lesson, equipment rental, and lift ticket.
- Badger Pups downhill ski program is a great first ski experience for children ages 4-6, and hourly Badger Den babysitting is available for children ages 3-9.
- Equipment rental, food, and beverages are available at the Badger Pass Lodge.
- Join a Park Ranger for a 2-hour morning snowshoe walk into the winter woods.
On any day trip, always take along a pack with water, snacks, camera, binoculars, insect repellant, and sunscreen. Most scheduled activities, such as ranger-led programs, are offered primarily during the summer months.